More on Weber Carbs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: More on Weber Carbs
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 11:22:25 -0600

Joe sez:

    The single DCOE because of its design necessitates a manifold that
    creates uneven flow between the outer and inner cylinders.

Triumph Tune has available a rather odd looking single DCOE manifold for the
8 port head motors that feeds cylinders 1 and 4 from one choke of the carb,
and cylinders 2 and 3 from another.  We used this for a while on the autocross
car before we went to twin DCOEs.  If I ever get around to building up that
1500 stroker motor for my Mark 1, I'll likely use this manifold with a single
40 DCOE.  Or if I go with a hot cam and tweak the head, maybe a 45.  We shall
see.

Gee, here it is, Memorial day weekend in the states, and I am not on a trip
to California, as I mentioned a while back.  No delivering of a Midget, no
parts dropoffs.  Drat.  It just didn't work out.  But I'll still try to peddle
a few bits while I'm here, check out

  http://www.team.net/TeamFat/parts_list.html

mjb.