Normal operating temp...

To: "spitfires@Autox. Team. Net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Normal operating temp...
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 02:02:27 -0400
I just installed a mechanical temp gauge and show about 190 while driving,
and "heat soak" to about 220 after turning the car off (since the gauge is
mechanical, it keeps reading)

Should I hook up the electrical fan through the thermostatic switch to be
"Always on" so if the temp's over 190(?) or whatever the thermostatic switch
is set at, the fan will blow... much like modern cars that will run the fan
for a while after the car is turned off?

Gregory W. Smith      http://www.cvn.net/~gsmith
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
1980 Spitfire 1500 "for the wife" :)
1980 TR7 Spider v8 (in progress)
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edition (deceased)