Painting a Spitfire

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting a Spitfire
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:01:29 -0700
Curtis;

I will be getting my '79 repainted in the near future when I get it all back
together and through emissions inspection.  I will be doing what little body
work needs to be done myself because I can do it far better than any body
shop I know of.  I am also going to remove everything I possibly can to cut
down on the amount of taping and prep work required (I can also do this
better than they can).  But when it comes to the actual painting, I will
leave that to the pros.  My strategy for finding a good paint shop will be
to stay away from the national chains (Joe's right about that), focus more
on the specialty shops and visit and inspect the work of as many of them as
I can.  I can be REALLY, REALLY picky and very critical when it comes to
paint jobs on my cars!

Reid
'79 Spitfire (coming together verrrry slowly)