Handbrake adjustment and manual

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Handbrake adjustment and manual
From: Thomas Dertz <s961051@stud.nhh.no>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 15:33:19 +0200
Hi listers!

Being a new subscriber, this is my first mail to the list. I recently
purchased a '66 Spit Mk 2, which I am currently enjoying here in Bergen,
Norway. Anyway, I am wondering if someone might help me with the
following.

1) I need to tighten the handbrake, and removed the necessary panels,
etc. to get to where the wire reaches the handbrake lever. However, the
nut on the "inside" of the lever is square, and too big to move freely.
How do I tighten it?

2) Do anyone know if there are some re-prints of the manual around? I
have the original copy, but it has been damaged by water and is hardly
readable.

Thanks,
Thomas