Re: Herald questions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Herald questions
From: dano <dorie@stetson.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:29:51 -0500
Hello All;
     It's Dano in Daytona. I have a quick question or 2, but I think I
already know the answer. On my 67 Herald (which is running so smoothly
after the work I've done...it now starts
with just a click of the key -- much to fast for my liking), I went to
change the
differential fluid but couldn't find the drain plug. I've found the fill
plug, but on the bottom of the
diff. is bolted a cover or something that more resembles a skid plate with
a hole in the bottom. It almost looks like this would catch and drain some
fluid if you were to loosen the cover on the front of the diff. Is this the
method for draining it?
Also, I've gotten rid of the side mount spark plug wire dist. cap, so I
need to replace the coil with the screw in distributor lead.  Is this coil
specific to the Herald/Spitfire range, or is there some sort of universal
replacement?
                 Thanks,
                         Dano
67 Herald