RE: Leaky Header Woes

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Leaky Header Woes
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:05:00 +0000
Bob

I am sure that someone else on the list will correct me if I am wrong, but I
think that when the 1500 engine was fitted to the Mk4 that a mod was made to the
chassis rail to give an extra 1 inch or so clearance for the exhaust header.  Is
your chassis definitely the original one (or maybe a very early 1500 one without
the mod)?

If the main chassis rail cutaway is there, then it's probably just a case of
playing around until the clearance is maximised and then you could fit one of
those temporary exhaust repair bandages to act a noise reducing pad.  I did this
with some success on my car a few years ago.

Pat