electrical questions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: electrical questions
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:18:31 PDT
The more I investigate the wiring in my car the more I realize how
screwed up it is.  There are cut off wires in several places that
seamingly aren't important.  Some of those probably were original to my
O/D which was replaced with a regular 3 rail by a PO.

Anyway as some of you may have read I realeased some demonic Lucus smoke
yesterday.  As Joe Curry suspected I "think" this particular wire has
something to do with my buzzer.  I didn't even know I had a buzzer.
Maybe its with my missing key switch light.  What would a buzzer look
like and where should it be?  Maybe mine just doesn't work.

My new problem is that my flashers (which used to work) now don't.  The
turn signals work but the flasher doesn't.  Could this have something to
do with my fried green on black wire?  The two systems shouldn't be
connected.   Also I'm still trying to figure out what a certain part
is/does.  Here's its description:  a single black wire comes out of the
back of the key switch and goes to a small cylinder  about .5" in
diameter and 3" long.  It has a mounting bracket that would suggest it
should be attatched to one of the steering column brackets.  This was
involved in the smoke incident.

thanks

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire (NOW with brakes!)