Re: Hog Rings (was Re: seat foams)

To: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Hog Rings (was Re: seat foams)
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:11:00 -0400
At 10:46 PM 10/19/98 -0400, Bill Kelly wrote:
>Ken Bertschy wrote:
>
>> Handy hint: get a pair of hog nosed pliers. These attach the hog ring
>> staples used to attach the vinyl seats to the metal frame.
>
>So THAT's what those things are called! That's what I need for my
>Herald! The new cover is fitted and tucked over the rear seat bench, and
>the whole thing is sitting in my basement, waiting for me to attach it
>to the frame.
>
>Where can I get Hog Ring Staples and a pair of Hog Nose Pliers?
>
>Bill Kelly

Bill,

JC Whitney sells 'em.

And you can stuff the seats with the catalogues you get in the years after
that.   :)

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
(57 HP)

Succasunna, NJ USA

The One Immutable Rule of Automotive Satisfaction:
"It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow"
- Cory Farley in Autoweek, 8/17/98