Poor Nigel...

To: "Spitfire Mail List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Poor Nigel...
From: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 00:40:48 -0700
It happened. Yep, I did it. I had an accident tonight. A really stupid one.
I'm driving along one of our main drags at 10:30pm-and yes, there's stop and
go traffic. So, I was going really slow. I see out of the corner of my eye
the 4th accident I've passed today. It's a old Mustang. Looks just like my
buddy Bill's and in the moment it took me to glance over and think to
myself, "oh no, is that Bill?"-THUNK! I hit the big new Chrysler in front of
me. All I could say over and over was "oh no. Oh my God" The Chrysler had a
small dent and a broken licnse plate frame. Nigel has a horribly bloodied
nose. I called Dave-the PO, builder and mechanic. And at 11pm-he was still
at his shop. I'm crying and much to his credit the first thing he says is
"Are you ok? Where are you-I'll come and get you." So, I drive over and he
says everything will be ok. He might even have the work done in time for
Triumphest.
And at 10pm-I was leaving some friends who were saying-oh, you're sure to
win a prize-unless you have an accident between now and the 24th!
Just an awful day. Really shouldn't have been driving because I've been
quite ill the last 2 days-but, I had appoinments that I absolutly had to
keep-otherwise I wouldn't have gone out feeling so tired.
Oh well.
Now I've just got to convince this woman tomorrow to just I'll pay for her
repair myself and not report it to the insurance company! Wish me luck!
Thank God for Dave!

Laura G. and a bruised Nigel!