Re: Marmots and Raisins and Bears, Oh my! [was: Question for a slow day

To: Conn <conn@wctc.net>
Subject: Re: Marmots and Raisins and Bears, Oh my! [was: Question for a slow day on the list.]
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 08:39:52 -0700
Conn,
To put it as plainly as possible, the answer is, "the Driver".

After years of running around with one person (the driver), the springs
have settled in favor of that position.  One way of compensating, is to
reverse the rear spring so the weak area is on the passenger side.  But
the best way is to either have the spring re-arched of replace it.

Joe Curry

Conn wrote:

> Dave Terrick wrote:
>
> > We have indeed been down this road... it stands for Marmot!!!
> >
> > This also explains its' absence on the larger displacement TR's as marmots
> > were simply not up to the task of motivating a TR series chassis.
>
> OK, now let me get this straight.
>
> A raisin is responsible for controlling idle speed and a pair of marmots hold
> the bonnet down.
>
> Could somebody please tell me what sort of flora or fauna is responsible for
>my
> '80 Spit's tendency to list toward the drivers side?
>
> (and to keep this post semi-useful, does anyone have a pair of sun visors
> they're not using? I also need a driver's side interior door latch lever.)
>
> -- Conn  (conn@wctc.net)
>
> History shows again and again,
> how nature points out the folly of man.

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer