Re: Naming Your Spit

To: "Curtis Eads" <curtiseads@geocities.com>,
Subject: Re: Naming Your Spit
From: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 22:34:23 -0700
Most the people that I know who name their machines are true enthusiasts.
The others just drive cars.
Of course most the people I know think I'm nuts because I name everything-to
which I reply that there are some Buddhists who do believe that machines
have souls/spirits-and that's why I name them and talk to them.

Most of my machines end up with masculine names-someone pointed out to me
that they thought that women name things boy names and men name things girl
names. Just a theory from someone who only names their kids and pets.

I think that naming things does help--and I always give my cars (and puter)
verbal encouragement. I guess it all goes back to them having souls/spirits.
Interesting note: When Nigel acts up-I'll call Dave-his PO and mechanic.
Dave will say-tell Nigel his father is po'd with him,and he'd better
behave--and then I go out and tell Nige-You're going to see your father-and
Nigel runs Perrrfectly!!!

And lastly--reality you say? You drive a Spitfire!  ;-)

Laura G. and Nigel