Parking my wipers

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Parking my wipers
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:28:44 -800
Greetings all,

I've recently aquired a 1980 1500 (told the wife it followed me home) and I'm
busy bringing it back to its former glory.  It is blessed with original paint
and virtually no rust (miracle of miracles).  It is also blessed with wipers
that will start just fine, but, will not shut off when asked to do so. I'm
assuming
it is the parking switch mounted on the motor.  I hope so because that's only
$20.00 compared to +$100.00 for the column switch.  Any advice on this,
especially
how to replace the parking switch would be welcome.

I'm also looking for the following used 1980 1500 parts:

Front signal  lens
Map light (mine is missing - I think it swivels out from under the passenger's
side dashboard.
The four bolts which secure the center console (that holds the radio) to the
floor.

Cheers,

Neil
Neil R. McAllister