Re: Engine Block Repair.

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Block Repair.
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 01:02:51 EDT
Thanks Joe,

First of all, why in the world are you leaving the beautiful Pacific Northwest
for Tucson?  I'm from Oregon and really miss it, but Hawaii is pretty good
also.

Second, I'm pretty sure it is a water channel.  It is the hole on the push rod
side near cylinder #3.   The gasket looks good and it is not upside down.  All
the holes line up so it seems to be the correct gasket.  The part that is
broken is just a very small ridge at the top of the channel/cylinder.  I will
look into having it welded, but if that turns out to be a loosing option, I
may just take you up on your offer for the block.  I'm just afraid to even ask
how much it might cost to ship to Hawaii.  Does it have pistons/crank/etc?
I'll let you know if I need it.

Thanks,
David Gates
'73 Spit 1500 (currently very unhappy)