RE: 72 Spitfire ??

To: "'Childs, David'" <dchilds@epri.com>,
Subject: RE: 72 Spitfire ??
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:18:56 -0500
Dave,

If it's truly a 1972, it should be the 1296cc large bearing crank motor with
a three rail 4 speed (4 synchro) gearbox.

If the motor # (stamped into a flat spot on the back of the motor, drivers
side) starts with an "FK" then it's a 1300 (1296).  If it starts with an
"FM" it's the 1500.

I take it you just took delivery of this new opportunity?

Jim