Progress and other ?'s

To: Spit Fires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Progress and other ?'s
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 07:32:26 +0000
After being rained out Saterday, I only managed to get my handbrake
overhauled.   Sunday was a different story, I use every meanse at my
disposal to get my Dad to help me start getting the car together.

I chainged all the bushes in the suspension, and have got one spair
spring and shock in the car, the other from the pair goes in this week.
The suspensions going back in, with all the bolts in the correct place,
so dissassembely shold be much easer.  I have new wheel studs where I
want them, in the hub.  I also sweped the floor under the car, it looks
almost tidy.

I have pressed new nylon bushes in my two good Trunions, the others
showes what happenes when you use grease.  It has become blocked, and
water has seaped around the top, and rusted away the thread on the
vertical link, good job I have more than one vertical link.  I was
looking through the workshop manual to see what to do when assembeling
the new trunion bushes.  It says to use Zink greese, I can only find
greese with high Zink sulphate I don't think it's that.  What do other
people use for this bit of there car?

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot