Re: Spitfire starting/wiring problems

To: "Chris Sharp" <sharpc@hqce.aetc.af.mil>
Subject: Re: Spitfire starting/wiring problems
From: "Chris Prugh" <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 15:44:03 -0700
Chris,

    Thanks for the input.  It seems the solenoid is wired in reverse
(somehow).  I switched the white/red with the white/yellow and got the
continuous spark, but the starter motor continued to run.  Went back to the
old solenoid, wired like I had the new one the first time, and all was well
again.  Go figure !

    I'll be calling Nigel at SpitBits where I got the new solenoid, and ask
if there is any past history of this kind of thing, or if maybe he sent me
the wrong solenoid. (although the two LOOK identical)

Thanks again,

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA
Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club
Publicity Director
TTSCC is the host Club for Triumphest 1999