Re: Engine swap in a 1500: Good or bad idea?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine swap in a 1500: Good or bad idea?
From: "BJ Martin" <bj_martin@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 08:47:11 PST

>> Some of you may remember my old thread about ring jobs and oil
leaking
>> out of interesting places in my engine (like the dipstick tube, for
>> example).
>>
>> Well, fixing it is apparently going to exceed both my present
>> mechanical and fiscal capacities

Look into rebuilding it. The engine replacement is going to take way
more time and skill than doing a standard rebuild. People usually quote
about $1500 for a spit rebuild. I did mine following books (only engine
I've ever seen the interior of). It cost me about $900 counting all the
parts and machining cost. I only have 1000 miles on it but it goes like
hell and leaks nothing. brent