Re: [Shotimes] Taurus in New Zealand

To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Taurus in New Zealand
From: FlamingTaco <flamingtaco@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 05:24:33 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
It is true that Ford does not stock the glass anymore. However, as stated,
aftermarket is plenty available here in the states.

If you can get the supplier to pack it well enough, you could ship through USPS
for about $200, if you can get them to take a slightly oversize package. Duty
will be applied by customs as well, you will have to check on that in NZ.

Probably the best thing to do is to ask that big parts importer to get the
glass for you. While they may not have the glass "in their system" since the
first gen taurus was never sold in NZ, they or their local distributor most
likely gets container shipments from the states, and it would not take much
effort on their part to have the distributor they buy from here in the states
add the windshield you need to their next shipment.

Otherwise, get some 3/8" lexan, make a heat oven from residential insulation
boards and heat lamps, use the old windshield to form the lexan (brace it first
as the plastic inside it will become malleable), and keep it well polished so
the police never notice!

FT