Re: [Shotimes] Bad, bad SHO day(s)

To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Bad, bad SHO day(s)
From: FlamingTaco <flamingtaco@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:15:01 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I'd suggest swapping out the CCRM first. It's easier to swap, and is more
likely to be your problem with fan engagement. The letter on top of the two
units must match, though.

If you problem with the A/C is the compressor clutch is slipping due to age,
lucky you.

215/50-16 is too short for comfort and you must shift constantly as you run
through the gears quickly even in easy driving. 225/50-16 will be just bearable
for ride comfort and handling, and cornering may suffer due to the tire needing
a wider rim. Depends on the mfg of the tire. Most 225 sieries tires I've used
preferred to be mounted on 7" rims. If you're only concerned about the tires
being safe on the rims for around town easy driving, no sweat there. I
personally would not replace the other two with the same, though. I'd let front
drive duty tear through the remainder of the 50 series tires ASAP. Speedo will
stink, but the sooner they're gone, the better. BTDT.

David