RE: [Shotimes] dead SHO

To: <Shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] dead SHO
From: "Dave Kegel" <d.kegel@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:49:08 -0500
Crank sensor.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Dave Bigelow
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 10:42 PM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] dead SHO

A while ago my 94 ATX died on the way to work. I thought the problem was
the fuel pump. The reason I suspected the fuel pump was because after
about a half hour of trying, it started and the fuel pump was louder
than normal. I had it trucked to a Ford dealer and they put it on their
computer and it didn't show any problems so they charged me $70 and sent
me on my way. It ran ok on the way home (about 15 miles).  I changed the
pump and took it for a test drive yesterday (about 25 miles). It ran
just fine. Tonight I started out for work and about 8 or 9 miles from
home it quit again, just as if I shut off the switch. The starter spins
it over good, but it doesn't fire at all. It seems to start and run ok
until it gets to a certain temperature and then it dies. Then it starts
again after it cools down. When it's running, it runs great! It's not
overheating. Any ideas?