shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] Blue tooth guru or hearing aid experts

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Blue tooth guru or hearing aid experts
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 09:10:46 -0500

--------------5h2yk8EHfb5Ai0Y6P0PDAt4y

On 3/7/24 22:42, john wrote:

> I recently replaced my 10 year old non-working hearing airs for some
> new whizz bang ones. Iâ??ve reduced my â??HUH?â?? responses by at least 40
> percent.The rest my wife attributes to me being hard of listening
> instead of hard of hearing.ANYWAY
>
> The new units are blue tooth compatible.My Sony flat screen is also
> blue tooth compatible and I tried to pair the two so I can hear the tv
> through my hearing airs â?¦Cool, right??

One thing that comes to mind that you may not have considered is that
since Bluetooth has a range of 40-50 feet, once you get this working,
you might find that your hearing aids unintentionally pair with the TV
whenever they're within range.  Suppose you're in your garage having a
conversation with a neighbor and your wife turns on the TV.  Are your
hearing aids going to automatically pair with the TV and drown out what
your neighbor is saying?

How long are the batteries expected to last when Bluetooth is enabled
(even if not paired)?

--------------5h2yk8EHfb5Ai0Y6P0PDAt4y

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:1UhRxS1lzu.23DS24xaG3k@johns-desktop">
              face="Calibri">I recently replaced my 10 year old
              non-working hearing airs for some new whizz bang ones.
              Iâ??ve reduced my â??HUH?â?? responses by at least 40
percent.<span
                style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>The rest my wife
              attributes to me being hard of listening instead of hard
              of hearing.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">
              face="Calibri">The new units are blue tooth compatible.<span
                style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>My Sony flat screen
              is also blue tooth compatible and I tried to pair the two
              so I can hear the tv through my hearing airs â?¦Cool,
              right??</font></p>
    One thing that comes to mind that you may not have considered is
    that since Bluetooth has a range of 40-50 feet, once you get this
    working, you might find that your hearing aids unintentionally pair
    with the TV whenever they're within range.  Suppose you're in your
    garage having a conversation with a neighbor and your wife turns on
    the TV.  Are your hearing aids going to automatically pair with the
    TV and drown out what your neighbor is saying?  <br>
      enabled (even if not paired)?</p>

--------------5h2yk8EHfb5Ai0Y6P0PDAt4y--

--===============3845351564883020464==

Shop-talk@autox.team.net