shop-talk

[Shop-talk] Compressor Oil

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Compressor Oil
From: Moose <eric@megageek.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 09:51:37 -0500 01/05/2024 09:51:44 AM, Serialize complete at 01/05/2024 09:51:44 AM
--===============8137204222832352302==

--=_alternative 0051A18E85258A9B_=

I have a nice Eaton compressor (7.5HP) that has been flawless since I got
it (not, the first one I got had a bad weld, but they replaced it, free,
right away.)

Anyway.  I maybe let the oil go a little too long between changes, but
when I went to change it this time, the oil was filled with sludge.

I use the Eaton oil, and the compressor is not overworked ever.  It was a
pain to clean it out.
In the manual, it says I can't use automotive oil (and I can understand
that.) but it just has a Eaton part # for their oil.  No alternatives or
specs

The problem is that ordering the oil from them is a pain (you have to fill
out a form. Then wait for them to send an invoice a few days later, then
pay the invoice and wait for them to ship it.)

Don't get me wrong, I think they are a great company, but I wanted to find
out if  can get the same (or better) oil from a place that is a little
easier to deal with.  Ideally, I would love to find the correct oil on
Amazon and set up a 'reoccurring delivery' for every 6 months so it
reminds me to change the oil.

OR, is their an oil that doesn't turn to sludge and is easy to change?

Again, overall, I am not looking for a cheaper oil, just one that is
easier to get and or better.

Thanks!

Moose
--=_alternative 0051A18E85258A9B_=

that has been flawless since I got it (not, the first one I got had a bad
weld, but they replaced it, free, right away.)</font>
a little too long between changes, but when I went to change it this time,
the oil was filled with sludge.</font>
is not overworked ever. &nbsp;It was a pain to clean it out.</font>
oil (and I can understand that.) but it just has a Eaton part # for their
oil. &nbsp;No alternatives or specs</font>
from them is a pain (you have to fill out a form. Then wait for them to
send an invoice a few days later, then pay the invoice and wait for them
to ship it.)</font>
a great company, but I wanted to find out if &nbsp;can get the same (or
better) oil from a place that is a little easier to deal with. &nbsp;Ideally,
I would love to find the correct oil on Amazon and set up a 'reoccurring
delivery' for every 6 months so it reminds me to change the oil.</font>
to sludge and is easy to change?</font>
a cheaper oil, just one that is easier to get and or better.</font>

Shop-talk@autox.team.net

--===============8137204222832352302==--