shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] Elevator for home?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Elevator for home?
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 18:59:39 -0400
Another option might be to troll realtor.com for houses for sale in your
area and make note of any that have stair lifts.  I've seen a handful
come across my area in the last 3-4 months.

A lot of buyers may be uninterested in a lift (face it, they take up
space on the stairway) so they may be willing to part with it for cheap
versus them having to disassemble and dispose.  You could ask the
seller's real estate agent to put you in contact with the eventual buyer
so that you can make an offer to buy and remove the lift from the
premises.  I would naively imagine that it wouldn't be terribly
difficult to adapt a lift from one house to another.