shop-talk

[Shop-talk] Cutting canvas rolls?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Cutting canvas rolls?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:21:49 -0400
I have a friend who has 3 12" diameter rolls of coated canvas she needs to cut
into smaller lengths. They tried hand cutting with a toothed blade but the
teeth get caught in the canvas threads and tear it. I have a sawzall but I
don't know if the blade speed will be fast enough to overcome the pull of the
threads. Is there a non-toothed way to cut this? The rolls are 12 feet long now
and quite heavy, 2-3 people to lift, so a floor solution would be best.

thanks,
jim

Shop-talk@autox.team.net