shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] electrical problems with truck

To: john niolon <jniolon@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] electrical problems with truck
From: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 05:39:44 -0400
Cc: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
[Re-sending because I failed to copy the list; if I've misstated
anything, I want to hear the corrections.]

How large is the cable from the alternator to the battery? That should
be #4 minimum also, else the voltage drop from alternator to battery
will reduce the battery's voltage such that it won't really charge.

Voltage at the battery posts is what drives current in. If it is less
than 13.2+/- volts, the battery won't be charging.

The battery voltages all sound somewhat low, which is why I'm suspecting
alternator-to-battery connection. It could also be resistance in the
alternator frame to engine to vehicle frame to battery post connection
chain.

HTH,
Donald.
--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail