shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] water heating installation

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water heating installation
From: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 12:13:30 -0700

--------------83920C24ACA10546BA7F0EF3

   Offhand, I would say too high.  BUT how much work is involved ?
When going from gas to gas, its a simple half hour project.  I don't
know what the work would be going from Electric to Gas, never done
that.  I would assume the plumbing is simple, the only part I can't know
about is installing the venting.  Is that a complicated install ? going
through upstairs floor ? or just a simple hole in the ceiling and roof
with a pipe ?

  In So. Cal. one of the best things I did was move the water heater
from inside the house to outside and built a shed around it, super easy
to change now.  But in WI it might get too cold in winter for that to be
reasonable, a lot of heat would be lost.
  Not enough information to know for sure.

     mike

--
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.

--------------83920C24ACA10546BA7F0EF3

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      how much work is involved ?   When going from gas to gas, its a
      simple half hour project.  I don't know what the work would be
      going from Electric to Gas, never done that.  I would assume the
      plumbing is simple, the only part I can't know about is installing
      the venting.  Is that a complicated install ? going through
      upstairs floor ? or just a simple hole in the ceiling and roof
      with a pipe ?</div>
      did was move the water heater from inside the house to outside and
      built a shed around it, super easy to change now.  But in WI it
      might get too cold in winter for that to be reasonable, a lot of
      heat would be lost.<br>
      sure.</div>
cite="mid:DS7PR19MB4629588DF39F65AC1E1DC98DB4EF9@DS7PR19MB4629.namprd19.prod.outlook.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
{margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        We need to replace an aging electric water heater before it
        fails. We are switching to gas. Does close to $3000 for a 75
        gallon and labor (including the venting) sound right to you all?
        We live in southern WI. </div>
        font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        thanks</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Shop-talk@autox.team.net";>Shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>
href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.</pre>

--------------83920C24ACA10546BA7F0EF3--

--===============0957960386727603456==

Shop-talk@autox.team.net

--===============0957960386727603456==--