shop-talk

[Shop-talk] wifi router again

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] wifi router again
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 17:02:23 GMT
Full-name: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
--===============0936925592730395529==

----__JWM__J3dc6d4a2.1ac974bS.7d99f189M

 I have been messing around with my home network for many months a littl=
e here and there with mixed results.I had been planning to make use of s=
ome old b/g routers to add range but after running cat5e around the hous=
e found that the old routers didn't have the capability to set for AP on=
ly.  I thought the wife and daughters would be happy with wired so ran s=
ome more cable only to be advised recently that they still wanted strong=
 reliable wifi... I am throwing in the towel on my normal reuse mantra a=
nd am prepared to throw $$ at the problem and buy a state of the art rou=
ter.  Just trying to determine the state of the art.  I know some of you=
 guys are network knowledgeable so what say you.  I have a 2 story house=
, around 3K SF and looking to provide some signal in the yard as well. I=
 thought we had discussed this recently but the most recent that I could=
 find in the archive is 2011. I hope to pull the trigger on something fr=
om Amazon or newegg tonight or tomorrow. TIA! Matt BarreColumbus, GA
----__JWM__J3dc6d4a2.1ac974bS.7d99f189M

ittle here and there with mixed results.</div>
e but after running cat5e around the house found that the old routers di=
dn't have the capability to set for AP only. &nbsp;I thought the wife an=
d daughters would be happy with wired so ran some more cable only to be =
advised recently that they still wanted strong reliable wifi...</div>
d to throw $$ at the problem and buy a state of the art router. &nbsp;Ju=
st trying to determine the state of the art. &nbsp;I know some of you gu=
ys are network knowledgeable so what say you. &nbsp;I have a 2 story hou=
se, around 3K SF and looking to provide some signal in the yard as well.=
 could find in the archive is 2011.</div>
ht or tomorrow.</div>

Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0936925592730395529==--