shop-talk

RE: Photos of the Blast Cabinet I Built

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Photos of the Blast Cabinet I Built
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:11:48 -0400
At 06:39 AM 4/12/2006 -0700, Doug Braun wrote:

>It works fine, and is very handy.  The most annoying
>thing is that the old Sears shop-vac I use as a dust
>extractor makes an incredible racket.

Yeah, the shop vacs do make a lot of noise, and they will get worse
as the media gets to the motor bearings.

Two things I've found that helped a lot:

1. Make sure the deflector in the shop vac is pointing streight down.

2. When you're blasting put a couple of inches of water in the bottom
   of the shop vac.  It will help trap the dust and keep it from filling
   the filter and getting to the motor.

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic