shop-talk

Re: genie vs. craftsman openers?

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: genie vs. craftsman openers?
From: David Cole <dgcole01@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:06:05 -0500
I've got a Craftsman screw drive on one of the doors to my workshop.  It
lifts a heavy 8X10 door.  No problems with it mechanically at all in the
almost 8 years I've had it.  The only problem ever was a fried electronic
circuit board from a power surge when it was about a year old.  I've been
very happy and would buy it again.

I also have a Stanley brand screw drive opener on another door.  Wouldn't
give you two cents for another one.  Loud, jerky, constant adjustment
problems.  I'll never buy another one.

David Cole