shop-talk

Re: [spam score 9/10 -pobox] Insulation question

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: [spam score 9/10 -pobox] Insulation question
From: Shannah Miller <shannah@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 09:48:10 -0800
Marty, what I would be tempted to do is to get two
types of the 3 1/2 R13.  One that is faced, and one
that isn't.

I'd split the "isn't" in half, then put that in
first.  Then I'd put the faced over top of that,
and staple it to the joists.

Compressing the 6 1/4 would lower the R value.
By how much, I don't know.  I've seen people use
two layers of insulation, though, of various
types, successfully.

If you do decide to split the insulation, please
wear a good dust mask and protective gear.

Shannah