shop-talk

Re: Metrinch Tools

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Metrinch Tools
From: billsohl@planet.net (Bill Sohl)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 14:09:23 -0500
>I sort of remember a small thread on Metrinch tools.  Not sure if it was
>here on shop-talk, or somewhere else, or I just dreamed it.
>
>Anyway, my wife and I were watching TV and ran across an infomercial on
>Metrinch tools. Seems like a great concept, but do they really work?
>
>Are they worth $130 for the 3/8 and 1/4 inch drive sockets, one ratchet
>and a set of wrenches?
>
>Anybody on the list have any experiences they would like to share?
>Henry Frye
>TR250's

My personal opinion is, at least for the regular type sockets and wrenches,
to go with Craftsman.  They are guaranteed for life, you have available
replacements everywhere a Sears store is located and they are more than
adequate for us part time hobbyist mechanics.  My first set
of craftsman tools was a 3/8 drive with ratchets.  Cost at the time was
something like $19.99.  I've replaced the 3/8 breaker drive at least
three times.  If I bought just a ratchet today
I'd pay almost the same cost as the whole set originally
cost me.

Anyway, they've served me well for the 30+ years I've used
them (shoot, it's now almost 40 years...God I'm getting
old :-(

Cheers,
Bill Sohl   Budd Lake, NJ   billsohl@planet.net
----