rolls-bentley

Shadow manuals. At last a solution.

To: "Simmers, Chuck" <chuck.simmers@intel.com>
Subject: Shadow manuals. At last a solution.
From: "Richard J. H. Shears" <richard@shears.org>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 15:37:13 +0100
Simmers, Chuck wrote:

> I received the following from our friend Sarah this morning. Comments
> anyone?
>         -Chuck

Well, this means I have to disbelieve my own memory.  It was, after all,
some years ago that I saw this apparently mythical book.  I guess it
must not have been a Haynes publication after all.  There was (for all I
know, still is) a competitor to Haynes named something like "Autobooks";
perhaps, I thought, it was done by them.  So I did a web-search, which
came up with the best solution of all; low-cost RRMC manuals (about half
the price that they are from the RREC).  I also attach a list of other
URL's which looked interesting  - especially the amazon.com one.

I do feel a bit aggrieved that, in her reply to my email that sparked
the whole thing off, Ms. Dunlop talked about the costs of "reprinting" -
not "printing" - a Shadow manual.  If she'd made it clear up front that
Shears was getting senile and remembering things that never existed,
then we'd all of us not have wasted our time.

I hope the URL's below help compensate for having led you all up the
garden path.

Richard J. H. Shears
richard@shears.org

---
http://www.darkforce.com/royce/gifts.htm
... is where I ought to have looked in the first place.

"Workshop Manuals available for Silver Shadow From......£150.00#
A selection of other handbooks and Workshop Manuals are available
Please quote the Chassis No"
---
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/quicksearch-query/002-7464272-1567226
 returns many useful-looking titles, including:

"Rolls Royce Silver Shadow   by Graham Robson