Re: [Oletrucks] Speedometer question

To: "'Smokey Culver'" <smokey@railops.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Speedometer question
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 12:01:28 -0800
Was it working before you replaced the cable? Is it accurate while you are
driving? If it's reading 20 MPH when you are standing still, it's likely not
the cable. If it's reading high while you are driving, you may have to reset
the needle. If not, you may have dirt in the speedometer - try a little
compressed air, but not from your compressor, use one of those cans of air for
cleaning computers.

On the subject of speedometers, does anyone know where I can get a speedometer
gear for a Muncie 420 transmission? Unlike the ones that are readily available,
the bullet threads into the transmission housing, that is, there are 2 sets of
threads on the bullet itself and it is narrower than the more commonly
available one.

Bob