[oletrucks] 270 in place of 228

To: Old_ChevroletGMCTrucks@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: [oletrucks] 270 in place of 228
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:05:11 -0700 (PDT)
question for you stockers out there.
will a gmc 270 bolt into a gmc chassis that currently has a 228?
in other words-is block dimensions and mounting configuration the same?
and how well is the 270 going to sustain a lot of work?

im selling my current tow rig-69 chevy G20 window van(sniff') and need to start
on a replacement. i have my 52 gmc with 250 but i swapped to chevelle rear axle
and was an idiot and swapped camaro springs in. no wieght capacity but it rides
nice...(i know)
i also have a 48 gmc 3/4t that has a 228 with cracked block. ive got a few good
270 motors... i DONT want to open them up.

i get 16-17 with the 250-6 and wondered on what ym MPG is gonna be with 270.
thank goodness its not teh gas hog 292.
mark

http://woodsonappraisal.com