[oletrucks] Chevy S-10 frame for 1951 AD

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Chevy S-10 frame for 1951 AD
From: Bob Keeland <keelandb@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 20:13:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

  I know use of an S-10 frame has been discussed on this listserv before, but
I'm not sure when or what the opinion was. So, can anyone tell me their
experience with getting one of the kits to put an AD cab on an S-10 frame. I've
gone to the kit web site, but I'm interested in the experience any of you have
had. I already have a short bed 1988 S-10, but have been unable to find an
affordable long-bed frame.  All the long-bed S-10s I've found are at full price
for a truck in good shape. What do you think of putting the 1951 cab on a
short-bed initially, and then moving it to a long-bed when I can find one at a
reasonable price? I know that will mean a short bed, but I could use a flat
woody bed for a while.

  I've not made any progress on my AD because I was in a bad accident in
January of this year. As I slowed our car (2003 VW Jetta Diesel) for my
driveway I was hit from behind by an SUV traveling at 70 mph. Among things,
like a ruined car (that got 50 mpg), I got to experience traumatic brain injury
that kept me in the hospital for about 3 months. I still cannot go back to work
and it has now been 6 months. Oh Well!! At least I am still alive.

  BobK
  1951 AD
  Arnaudville, LA