Re: [oletrucks] special tool

To: Captain Kirk <thecaptainkirk@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] special tool
From: Bill Bailey <bill@oletruck.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 09:31:32 -0400
Captain Kirk wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>

> I'm trying to remove the access panel in the floor of the cab to gain access
> to the top of the transmission.
>
> There's some special screws that I can NOT find a screwdriver for.

They are called Clutch Head Screwdrivers and they are available from
several of the usual vendors plus you can probably find them at a *real*
auto parts store. Snap On had them too but as I recall they were pretty
$$$. I have also taken el cheapo phillips head screwdrivers and ground
off the opposite points and made them work on those screws. I always
replaced the screws with standard hardware because they can be the devil
to get out and I am not concerned with originality.

--
Bill Bailey