[oletrucks] wired to start

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] wired to start
From: "Tom Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 22:40:57 -0400
I want to be able to crank my truck so I can pull it in and out of my
shop. Hopefully the days of pushing it in and out of the shop are
minimal now. I drew a diagram of how I think it should be connected but
I need some help on the alternator wiring.
Can someone tell me from the diagram, where the "S" connector and the
"I" connector on the alternator connect to? Also the "BAT" terminal,
where does it go to?
On the back of the instrument cluster, where do the wires come from that
should connect to the "AMP" gauge?

http://www.coopscorner.com/55truck/55misc/startwiring.htm

I also have a picture of the back of the instrument cluster. The
speedometer connector has what appears to be some really thick sticky
grease. The oil gauge fitting is a little dirt down in it. Is there
anything I can spray in and around these areas to clean them up?
I was told brake cleaner would clean it, but I have to be careful and
not let it get on the face of the cluster. The cleaner wouldn't hurt the
oil sending unit, but could damage any plastic parts.
Any advice is always appreciated.

        Tom in SC