[oletrucks] Torque Tube RearEnd and Auto Matic Transmission

To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>, "OleTrucks"
Subject: [oletrucks] Torque Tube RearEnd and Auto Matic Transmission
From: "Craig Kruse" <cmkruse@hughes.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:32:58 -0400
Oh Great and all knowledgeable listers - I purchased a Torque Tube rear-end
from a junkyard and after getting it home and checking the numbers (should
have taken the info with me - Duh!) I find that this rear-end has 3:90 gears
and a shorter torque tube. My plan was to upgrade to the newer rear-end so I
would have Bendix brakes which I can still do by switching the differential
out with original torque tube.  BUT I sort of hate to do this is someone has
a dire need for an original 54 rear-end for a truck with the factory Regular
production option - I think it's 314 if I recall.
    Any advice or comments would be appreciated. I have $400 invested so far
and if someone really needs this optional rear-end I might be convinced to
part with it or even swap if someone has a Bendix brake rear-end with
standard torque tube length.

Craig /49 Panel