Re: [oletrucks] Info needed if ya got it

To: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Info needed if ya got it
From: Mike B <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:02:27 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
-----Original Message-----

Hey Wayne,

I used a rear from a 61 or 62 GMC for my '59...If memory serves, I just moved
the perches in about 1.5inches each and reweleded them.

I believe I also had to use the Ebrake levers inside the hubs frm the '59 rear
though...in order to let the thing on the end of the cable grab on to...been
awhile, but i recall having to do something there to get the Ebrake hoked up
correctly...the pinion yoke was correct as well.

In my '57, I used a rear from a later model GMC...mid 60's with coil
springs..we just cut all the coilspring stuff off and welded perches on it for
the leaf springs