[oletrucks] 55 2nd Steering Column

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 55 2nd Steering Column
From: "Ken Hardisty" <KLHardisty@hoshizaki.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:37:50 -0500
I am starting to rebuild the steering box and column on my 55 2nd Chevy
stepside. Looking for input or advice on removing the upper steering bearing
assembly and instructions on rebuilding the steering gear box.  Does the metal
column that houses the steering shaft come out of the steering box?  It needs
to be powder coated.  Several companies offer a rebuild kit, does anyone have
input on who is best to use.  Does the rebuild require extensive knowledge or
can someone with good mechanical skills perform the rebuild.  All advice is
appreciated.  I am in the 3rd year of a 4 year frame off restoration.

klhardisty@hoshizaki.com

Thanks,
Ken Hardisty

-- Disclaimer --
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may constitute a
violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the