[oletrucks] Plumbing Fuel Sending Unit

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Plumbing Fuel Sending Unit
From: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 22:04:03 -0400
Each time I'm about to start, I find a reason to put it off, but I'm
about ready to start plumbing my gas and brake lines.  I haven't had a
lot of practice, so I'm pretty hesitant about the project.  Anyway, I
have a fuel tank from an 80's Blazer.  The sending unit has four tubes,
and I'm not sure what each is for.  Wayne was kind enough to host a
picture for me at:

http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/sendingunit.jpg

I would assume that the large tube on the left sends the fuel, so I
would connect it to the electric fuel pump and then to the carburetor.
My guess is that one of the other tubes is a return and one is a vent.
If that's the case, what is the fourth tube for?  If one tube is a
return, do I even need it with a carbureted engine?

Can anyone tell me, from left to right, what each of the tubes on the
sending unit are for?

Thanks,
Mark
1950 Chevy 3100