Re: [oletrucks] Is this fraud?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Is this fraud?
From: "Keira Stamboli" <sxytruckgirl@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:02:22 -0400
We actually contacted our local police department when we were contacted by
a similar offer from a man in Australia on a classified ad for a
"mini-truck"...who was kind enough to send us a cashier's check with very
explicit instructions...a few days went by...he called again asking if the
money had been sent...(which we never deposited the original check...had
called the bank it was written on in Arkansas...and it was no good....)told
him we were waiting on the check to clear...and he actually called back
several more times....but the local police department (I don't have alot of
faith in them to begin with!) advised us that it's nearly impossible to
catch these people, because they use public internet access (libraries and
internet cafe's which have their IP addresses registered to them...not the
thousands of users  and web based email such as hotmail and lycos which
don't require you to prove who you are to open up an account) and can't be
traced....so unless you can talk them into sending someone to meet you...and
you handing over the cash to them directly....you don't really stand a
chance....just spread the word to protect the skeptically
challenged.........

Lisa
59 - 3100 Project in the Garage
03 - 1500  Crew Cab Lowrider

Words to Live By:

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved
body...but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out...shouting...holy
shit, what a ride!"
Unknown