[oletrucks] 6 cylinder ID

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 6 cylinder ID
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:59:27 -0400
Trying to help a guy decipher a 6 cyl in his 51--he states its not original
engine and possibly from a early 70's. He provided photo but more
importantly the following numbers stamped on the block:
On block by dipstick - CON 2 E298    392966
cast in block   GM64
Other numbers stamped on engine  FO531CM       187163360

I first went to inliners.org and cannot find the 392966 number in their
listing. I poked around the web about 45 minutes before troubling the list
members, but i exhausted my means...    --wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne