Re: [oletrucks] voltage regulator

To: NFTEE50@aol.com, johnhoward37@sympatico.ca, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] voltage regulator
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:49:45 -0400
Sounds like its voltage regulator purchasing time if it gets very hot. Is
the battery staying charged properly and is the hotness the only issue with
the regulator?   When you say the voltage regulator get hot, and then your
truck won't start till it cools down--- are you referring to the regulator
cooling down or the engine temp cooling down? Dumb question I know and can
only assume you mean the engine temp. When trying to start (when hot) does
the engine turn freely but just won't start, turn slowly possibly. What
engine do you have?
A bit more info might help..  --wayne