[oletrucks] Rodding Time II

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rodding Time II
From: Larry D Finley <ldfinley@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:00:42 +0000
Hi,

Still working on rodding out my '51 3100, and really appreciate all the
help I've received so far.  Quick question.  I found a 283 short block
for sale for $75 and a couple of TH350 transmissions for $100.  Would
these mate up together ok?  Pardon my ignorance, but if I don't ask, I
won't know.

Also, I already know I'll catch some flak on this, but I also found a
1969 F**d 302, with auto transmission, and 31 spline 9" rear end, all for
$200.  My neighbor put this in his 49' Chevy Coupe and so far the ground
hasn't opened up and swallowed him, and he and the car toodle around
pretty happily.  Has anyone ever tried this in a 3100 (or admit to it),
and would the after market tube type engine and tranny cross members
accept them?

Thanks for your help!

Larry
1951 3100