Re: [oletrucks] re intake

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] re intake
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:33:37 -0700
> Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:47:59 -0800
> From: "Devin Timmons" <hotrod64chevy@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [oletrucks] re intake
>
> Luke-  Can't beat the cool factor of a set of triple carbs....I'm assuming on
> an inline motor?  Linkage can be a pain, depending on whose parts you are
> using and your fabrication skills.  There is no black magic in synchronizing
> the carbs, just take some time and learn how.  Teh tool runs about 25-30 bucks
> and can be bought through several of the resto houses.  My personal opinion is
> that putting a 4 barrel carb right in front of the center cylinders should
> make them run rich, and the outside cylinders run lean, just like a stock 1bbl
> setup does.  Pull your plugs and take a look.
>
> My 2 cents
>
> Devin

Devin--

I've heard people say that about having carbs located "off-center", or
  closer to some cylinders than others.  But every engine I've seen
that had such a setup has the spark plug "readings" showing the same
mixture at all cylinders.  I think folks underestimate how well carbs
mix fuel and air!

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!