[oletrucks] 6-5 lug

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 6-5 lug
From: Luke Zsiga <zigga50@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:25:04 -0600
I have a 50 chevy with a 5 lug front (disc) and the original 6 lug
rear I bought the driveline from a 50's chevy car (same bolt pattern
as my front)and puled the axles but when I pulled my old 6 lug axles
they were about 1/2 inch thicker and all the gears were bigger than
the cars so I thought that I would need to change the the whole rear
end and torque tube but the cars rearend/torque tube is about 2-3
inches shorter than my truck's So I was wondering if any of you had a
good idea on how to chnge my rear end to 5 lug.  I have looked into
wheel adaptors but that would be a last resort item, and I'm a 17 year
old working 10 hours a week so money is an issue

thanks

Luke Zsiga