RE: [oletrucks] Electric replacement for vacuum wiper motor

To: jimnordwall@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Electric replacement for vacuum wiper motor
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:49:46 -0600
Jim:
About 3 years ago I bought an electric wiper motor replacement for my '56
from Chevy Duty.  Motor manufacturer is Newport Engineering.  Most vendors
sell Newport motors so it may pay to shop around for the best price.  My
install went very easy, dropped out the old vacuum unit and the replacement
bolted right in the same spot.  New wiper arm bushings were provided and all
I had to do was run a power wire and fuse and also a ground wire.  I mounted
the provided switch under the dash next to the steering column so it was out
of sight but still easily accessable while driving (I smoothed the dash and
had no room left for the switch nor did I want it visable).  Instructions
showed how to adjust the motor and wiper arms so they operated with a full
sweep and parked correctly when shut off.  I think I still have the install
instructions and can scan and email them to you if you're interested.

Hope this helps, good luck!!

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Sparland, IL