[oletrucks] Fram Oil Filter

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fram Oil Filter
From: Ayelander52@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:19:56 EST
Got a present in from Bowtie Bits -  a restored old-timey Fram Oil Filter
with it's Chevy Orange and period decals and I'm looking closely at it and
thinking it's not really the way to filter oil.  I have a Wix filter (sock!)
for it
and am thinking that the oil never really passes thru it - more like surrounds
it and fall to the bottom at the outlet where the bottom is scalloped down to
another fitting.  I am assuming the bottom is the outlet as the top hole has
a decal with "inlet" on it.  I am thinking that if it's "inlet" back to the
engine it might filter better coming up from the bottom.  So guys, is "inlet"
back to the engine or to the filter?  If bottom is back to the engine, then I
stand on my first premise that's its not really the way to filter oil.

Nick K.
74 454 Vette
Oak Island, NC