[oletrucks] All GM National Show in Carlisle, PA

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] All GM National Show in Carlisle, PA
From: Marvint1957@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:39:47 EDT
Hello group,

Thanks for the assistance in adjusting the steering box.  My wife and I made
our maiden voyage driving our 57 Chevy Stepside over the weekend to Carlisle's
All-GM National.  We were very excited to place first in our class and the
opportunity to be part of the awards presentation parade.  More important is
that Carlisle Productions extended a special invitation for us to return for
their All-Truck National show August 6-8 and be showcased in the feature
building!
 My wife and I are still in the clouds!

I just wanted to say, to all of you that are still building your truck, there
is a light at the end of the restoration/modification and driving your pride
and joy is one of the greatest feelings in the world.  My 57 was built in my
garage by myself.  Like everyone else, I reached a point where I was tired of
working on it and it seemed like we would never get it drivable.  My dream took
9 years off and on to get this far.
Thanks for all of the information I have obtained from this list.

Marvin Thomas
57 Chevy Stepside - Custom
56 Suburban
55 2dr Sedan